Yacht Production Engineer
Located out of Palmetto, FL, Wide Effect has an immediate opportunity for a Mercury Outboard Master Technician. This is a unique opportunity to work with one of Western Florida’s premier center console boat builders. Master Technicians demonstrate outstanding performance and professionalism, as well as a commitment to provide only the highest standards of service. To qualify, technicians must be Certified in the specific product line for four consecutive years without any lapses in training.
- Profit Sharing
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves system design weaknesses in a Marine Manufacturing Environment
- AC & DC Systems
- Plumbing Systems
- HVAC Systems
- Mechanical & Hydraulic Systems
- Mercury Outboard Engines
- Influences the shaping of future products by contributing to the framework (architecture) used across multiple products or systems.
- Implement processes, execute installations, and perform troubleshooting daily on the production floor.
- Receptive to instructions from immediate supervisor.
- Travel may be required.
- Supports the generation of technical engineering products by using the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle.
RequiredSkills / Qualifications:
- Willingness to work on the production floor daily alongside workforce.
- Working knowledge of the systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories.
- Working knowledge of the system engineering process.
- Good ability to grasp and apply new information quickly.
- Good ability to handle more complex assignments as experience progresses.
- Shows initiative on assignments, and professionally executes projects with little direction.
- Builds stable working relationships internally.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Creative thinker.
- Good ability to clearly recognize and report information relevant to sound systems engineering design.
Education / Experience:
- Mercury Master Technician
- CZONE Training
Required Specific System Familiarity:
- Expert in CZONE Marine Applications
- Installation and troubleshooting: Displays, Keypads, AC & DC interfaces.
- Expert in NMEA integration.
- Expert level knowledge of Mercury Outboard Motors.
- VSI Control Systems.
- SEA KEEPER STABILIZER SYSTEMS.
- Bow thruster systems.
- Garmin & Simrad Electronics.
- High-End appliances for maritime application: icemakers, refrigerators, A/C Systems.