Great Lakes Shipyard Gains Damen License
Cleveland, Ohio. Great Lakes Shipyard and B.V. Scheepswerf Damen Gorinchem (Damen) have entered into a five-year partnership authorizing Great Lakes Shipyard as an official builder of Damen designs. Great Lakes Shipyard will now offer the best of both worlds, the wide range and international experience of Damen designs, and American craftsmanship from a high quality U.S. builder. This combination creates the perfect environment for further development of proven designs to establish Great Lakes Shipyard’s Damen Series, a collection of marine products for the following markets:
• Harbor and Terminal: Towage and ship assist services such as Stan Tugs, launches, pilots and boats and Harbor Services such as work barges, skimmers, dredgers, and high-speed craft.
• Offshore: Fast crew suppliers and sophisticated state-of-the-art deep sea anchor handlers.
• Offshore Wind: Wind farm support vessels, fast crew boats, shoalbusters and wind farm maintenance barges.
• Defense and Security: The full range of security and patrol vessels, such as Interceptors and Stan Patrols to amphibious support ships and naval auxiliaries.
• Public Transport: Ferries, water taxis, and water buses, and double ended.
• Fishing: Trawlers and Research Vessels.
• Pontoons and Barges: Truckable products, custom pontoons, multi-purpose and submersibles, and crane and specialty barges.
Great Lakes Shipyard’s Damen Series is designed by Damen, proudly built by Great Lakes Shipyard, and made in the U.S. The agreement also provides for Damen technical services, including experienced personnel for onsite management and supervision on any and all construction projects. Now, all of the technology and know-how of Damen, including drawings, specifications and design information, is at the fingertips of Great Lakes Shipyard for the benefit of their customers in the United States.
The products and services herein described in this press release are not endorsed by The Maritime Executive.