Wood Framing Replaced on US Brig NIAGARA
Erie, Pennsylvania’s Flagship, the US Brig NIAGARA, arrived at Great Lakes Shipyard to replace framing in the bow. The work on the NIAGARA at Great Lakes Shipyard will include replacing three frames and will take approximately four weeks.
In September of last year, the NIAGARA spent two weeks in the Great Lakes Shipyard’s drydock for out of water surveying, hull cleaning and painting, propeller inspection, and other routine maintenance.
Owned and maintained by the PA Historical and Museum Commission, an agency of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the Flagship NIAGARA is a reconstruction of Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry’s ship that led the Battle of Lake Erie victory on September 10, 1813. The bicentennial celebration of Commodore Perry and the NIAGARA’s Battle of Lake Erie victory will take place in September, 2013.