Service Manager - AME Solutions - Ft. Lauderdale, USA
The Service Manager is responsible for managing, overseeing and supervising the Field Service Engineers, and Field Service Technicians. The Service Manager is accountable and responsible for all engineering and technical disciplines that the AME’s projects involve. Position will schedule, plan, forecast, resource, and manage all the technical activities aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion. Oversee quality control of the company’s engineering/technical services and providing engineering solutions to marine and industrial clientele. As a member of the AME leadership team, this position will provide guidance to solve problems and provide technical solutions for rotating machinery in accordance with the customer’s service requirements. Comprehensive field service report writing is a requirement.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage and provide leadership to the technical service/shop team.
- Willing to perform hands-on service repair to solve mechanical problems as needed.
- Direct and hold accountable service team minimize deviations from estimated project/job hours.
- Communicate timely to assure that project(s) estimate is achieved, and if not, for appropriate follow-up with clients.
- Oversee performance, operational, environmental, condition monitoring and diagnostic tests of equipment as required within company standards.
- Apply engineering theory, practice and principles to perform root cause failure analysis, conduct equipment performance evaluations, analyze equipment trends, analyze historical data and uptime data to recommend and justify improvements and corrective measures to customer equipment if appropriate.
- Review prepared technical reports per service team before sending to clients. At certain times, Service Manager will need to write reports.
- Maintain contact and follow up with clients/potential clients professionally and timely.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Marine Engineering.
Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience with marine engineering.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective project management organizational skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant class society/regulations and OSHA safety standards
- Has an understanding of structural basics including: Rigging, Welding, Erection and reinforcements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Strong, positive verbal and written communication
- Maintain a professional, well-kept, clean shaven appearance
- Willingness to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Can push, pull and lift 50lbs.
- Handling and moving objects – using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things. At times, very tight and possibly very warm working areas necessary.
- Legally eligible to work in United States.
- Requires a valid Florida driver’s license and a clean driving record