(INTERNAL) Director, Terminal Operations Execution
APM Terminals offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best. If you see yourself being part of a team that helps the global economy grow through our worldwide network of customers and terminals, then we want to hear from you!
- Direct labor to ensure a clean and safe working environment is achieved on a daily basis through the proper adherence to OSHA, hazardous, and corporate guidelines.
- Responsible for operating and coordinating the handling of 1.1m + lifts annually, and 15 vessel calls weekly through effective planning of the terminal operations.
- Maximize the operating cost by eliminating redundancies, refinement of processes, utilization of resources, controlling and improving the quality of the operational teams.
- Prepare yearly budgets and action plans to achieve the cost and productivity levels.
- Develop mid to long-range operational plans that will maximize the utilization of all assets in a cost effective manner.
- Coordinate the roll-out of I.T. upgrades/enhancements to the terminal systems to allow for minimal interruption of the business.
- Provide terminal operating data as required to assist in budget development, cost control and strategic planning.
- Supervise the management team ensuring the proper processes and staffing are available to meet terminal requirements and there is an ongoing culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensure teamwork across the operations to leverage experiences, solicit input and ensure full and effective implementation of best practices. Establish initiatives to encourage and facilitate exchange of best practices.
- Direct involvement in the management of the workforce to include work practices, productivity and discipline that is consistent with company policies.
We are looking for
Based in Elizabeth, NJ the Director of Terminal Operations Execution is responsible for directing the everyday operations of the vessel, yard, rail and gate operations to ensure the efficient use of all manpower to achieve the companyâ€™s safety, service, and cost objectives. The ideal candidate will have a College Degree and a minimum of five years of related experience.